This fish really tasted like butter. The trick is to buy really fresh fish, it’s so worth it! The jam can be made up to 5 days in advance, just bring to room temperature and place on top of fish and add fresh mint right before serving.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 filet salmon skin removed
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 chili pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks or ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons silan date honey
- 2 cups frozen peaches sliced (or 3 peaches)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint stems removed and chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Place the fish in the baking dish and sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon of salt. Add the coconut oil and cover well with tinfoil. Bake for 22-25 minutes, depending on thickness of fish (but not longer!).
- Prepare a skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the onions, chili pepper, cinnamon, curry powder and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes, mixing often.
- Add the wine and cook for 7 more minutes. Add the peaches and silan and cook for 5 more minutes.
- When fish is ready, place peach jam on top and sprinkle with fresh mint.