salmon with spicy peach jam
This fish really tasted like butter. The trick is to buy really fresh fish, it’s so worth it! The jam can be made up to 5 days in advance, just bring to room temperature and place on top of fish and add fresh mint right before serving.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 filet salmon skin removed
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 chili pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks or ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons silan date honey
- 2 cups frozen peaches sliced (or 3 peaches)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint stems removed and chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Place the fish in the baking dish and sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon of salt. Add the coconut oil and cover well with tinfoil. Bake for 22-25 minutes, depending on thickness of fish (but not longer!).
- Prepare a skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the onions, chili pepper, cinnamon, curry powder and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes, mixing often.
- Add the wine and cook for 7 more minutes. Add the peaches and silan and cook for 5 more minutes.
- When fish is ready, place peach jam on top and sprinkle with fresh mint.
Notes & Tips:
Living in Israel, we can’t get peaches whenever we want. I love this with frozen peaches, it makes it more jam like! If you live in Israel and want an amazing assortment of frozen fruit delivered to your area, visit Nectarina, the most amazing frozen fruit and specialty items online store in Israel. http://nectarina.co/product-category/frozenfruit/