Wraps are such a great way to feel like your having a sandwich without having all the carbs of bread! But wraps can often be dry and flavorless. Try this moist and flavorful recipe in minutes!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 10 ounces salmon filet skin off
- 1/2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 chili pepper seeds removed, chopped
- 4 sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 portobello mushroom sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 2 tablespoons parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 8 whole wheat wraps large
- Pat salmon dry and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder on top side. Prepare a non-stick large saute pan on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the fish and sear for 5 minutes on one side.
- Turn the fish over and add the onion, pepper, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and mix well. Cook for six minutes, stirring around the salmon.
- While the salmon is cooking, place 8 wraps on the counter, spread the avocado in the center. Remove salmon from pan and using tongs or a fork or hands if cooled off, pull apart into large pieces and place on top of avocado in center. Add vegetable mixture.
- Top with squeezed lemon and fresh herbs. Fold together the two sides of the wrap to the center and roll the bottom all the way to the end, creating a burrito. Serve warm or room temperature.