Grilled chicken with sauted spinach
This is so flavorful! I love using orange and red tomatoes because they have different flavors and add such a variety of colors.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 8 chicken breasts pounded to thin(shnitzel)
- 2 teaspoons salt pink himalayan
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boxes cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 box baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil stems removed
- In a large baking dish add the chicken. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, garlic powder and turmeric. Mix well.
- Add the remaining olive oil and the tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, mixing often and once the tomatoes soften mash them gently with a wooden spoon and mix well.
- Add the garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the spinach and mix. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Turn off heat and add fresh basil. Place on top of chicken and salt to taste.
Notes & Tips:
If you don’t want to spend time cutting the tomatoes in half, leave them whole and just cook them a bit longer. When you buy tomatoes, don’t put them in the fridge, it kills their flavor!