Savory sweet potato muffins
I love muffins. But I love savory muffins even more because I crave salt and spice but sometimes in a small beautiful moist bundle
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons techina paste
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and grated
- 1 chili pepper seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place 10 baking cups on parchment paper and spray with olive oil.
- In a large bowl add the techina paste and ⅓ cup of water and mix well until incorporated. Add the eggs and olive oil and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix gently. Using a spoon, place the batter evenly among all the baking cups.
- Bake for 23 minutes. Serve hot, warm or room temperature.
Notes & Tips:
I buy these baking cups, that can be found in most baking sections of large supermarkets, and they create a mess free baking experience, not to mention visually pleasing!