Scallion egg cups
This is a great recipe to play around with. If you add other vegetables like peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms or fresh herbs, it will taste better if you saute them first and then add them to the egg mixture. I like using little dessert cups because I don’t have to clean a muffin tin after, if you use them, bake them about ten minutes longer because they are taller and bigger than muffin tins. Don’t worry when you see the egg muffin collapse a little after coming out of the oven, it is supposed to do that and will taste delicious! This is great for kids school lunches, breakfast, lunch or dinner! Use them to dip in soup instead of bread!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- Olive oil spray
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1 chili pepper chopped, seeds removed for less heat
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a muffin tin with muffin cups and spray them evenly with olive oil.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a measuring cup and pour evenly into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.