I love the crunchiness of this recipe! Feel free to grill the chicken instead of searing in a pan for an even better flavor and prettier display! If you don’t like olives feel free to leave them out, and add dates instead or in addition!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 8 chicken schnitzels
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 onions sliced
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 chili pepper seeds removed for less heat, sliced
- 2 teaspoons silan date honey
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1 orange skin removed, sliced
- 1/8 cup Fresh thyme stems removed
- Season chicken with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Prepare a skillet on high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and get hot.
- Add the chicken and sear for 2 minutes per side.
- Remove and add remaining olive oil and get hot.
- Add the onions and chili pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the remaining salt and silan.
- Add the orange, olives and thyme right before serve. Place on top of chicken when serve.