Seared minute steak with couscous patties
The couscous will be mushy but that is exactly what you want to it into these beautiful, colorful patties, fry free!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 pounds minute steaks washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 red pepper chopped small
- 1 chili pepper using only a fourth of it, seeds removed and chopped small
- 1 purple onion chopped small
- 1 mango chopped small
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 lime or orange, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- Place couscous in baking dish. Pour 2 1/4 cup of boiling water on top, mix and cover.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add olive oil and steaks. Add peppers and onions and mix. Let steak sear for 2-3 minutes per side and remove and let rest. Mix the vegetables in juices of the steak for one more minute. Pour into couscous, adding ¼ teaspoon salt a drizzle of olive oil and the chopped mango.
- Wet hands and mix the mixture into patties and place on plate. Slice steak and place on top and add juices. Add juice of lime (or orange) on top.
Notes & Tips:
Eat the patties with a fork and knife, they will fall apart and act like mashed potatoes!