Seared tilapia with tomato jam
This can be substituted with any filet of fish, just remember the thicker the piece, the longer it has to cook. You can make the tomato jam up to three days before and serve hot or room temperature.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 filet tilapia
- 4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 onion (large) thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 cup semi dry white wine
- 6 tomatoes, small plum very ripe (or if not in season use 1 can of diced tomatoes)
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Pat fish dry with towel and sprinkle evenly ½ teaspoon of salt, sumac, garlic powder and paprika and set aside.
- Bring a saute pan to high heat
- Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and when hot add onions. Mix periodically for 2 minutes
- Add wine and turn heat down to medium. Add garlic, tomatoes and olives and mix well. Let cook for 15 minutes, mixing periodically.
- Add spinach and turn off heat. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and put on serving plate.
- Wipe down pan and put on high heat. Add two teaspoons of olive oil and let get hot.
- Add fish and sear for 3 minutes per side Place on serving plate with kalamata tomato jam on top.