Shallot basil chicken
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 10 shallots peeled and cut in half
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 1 chili pepper sliced, seeds removed for less heat
- 2 tablespoons silan date honey
- 2 cups fresh basil lightly packed
- 2 lemons juiced
- Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot.
- Add the chicken, in batches if have to and sear for 5 minutes per side.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt, the shallots, garlic, chili, silan, ½ the basil, ½ the lemon juice and 1 cup of water. Turn heat down to medium, cover tightly and cook for 13 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the remaining basil and lemon juice. Serve hot or warm.