Every year people try and find all different recipes for the simanim, but what you did not realize is that they together make a really unique, beautiful and flavorful salad! ALL IN ONE!!! Add pulled salmon to this dish and you are good to go! (or a side of fish head:))
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/2 cup black eyed peas
- 4 ounces butter lettuce
- 1 leek white part chopped
- 1 gourd peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1/2 beet peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pomegranate seeds removed from peel
- 6 dates pits removed and slice
- 1 apple chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put black eyes peas in small pot and generously cover with water. Boil on high for 30-40 minutes or until soft but not mushy. Rinse and drain.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and add leek, gourd and carrot. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons olive oil and a ½ teaspoon salt. Mix well and put in oven for 35 minutes or until golden.
- In a jar add remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and salt and mix well.
- In a large bowl add the lettuce, beet, pomegranate, dates and apple slices. Add leek, gourd and carrots. Mix with dressing right before serve. Serve warm or room temperature.