The eggplant makes this dish, the flavors of smokiness and garlic are what creates the perfect creamy dressing for this pasta.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 box Tortellini pasta cooked to perfection according to box
- 2 eggplants
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 chili pepper sliced, seeds removed for less heat
- 8 cloves garlic zested
- 1 1/2 cups spinach optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 tablespoons silan
- 2 cups fresh basil stems removed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- Using a fork, prick the eggplants all around and place them straight onto an open flame, 15 minutes per side, until completely blackened. Scrape into a large bowl, allowing a little bit of the black bits to get mixed in.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the tomatoes and chili pepper and cook for 6 minutes, mixing periodically.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 1 more minute. Once cooled, add pasta, remaining olive oil, salt lemon, silan, mint and basil and another drizzle of olive oil and salt if needed. Mix and serve warm or room temperature.