Smokey mini burgers (sliders) with spicy nectarine salsa
Sliders are an American way of saying mini burgers. You can double these and make them regular sized burgers, they are just so much cuter this way! If you want to serve these with bread, I love using mini whole wheat pitas, but you can use whatever you wish. In the last minute or two of the burgers grilling, throw the bread on the grill too!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 pounds quality ground meat
- 1 onion large
- 1 spicy red pepper finely chopped (seeds removed for less spice)
- 2 tablespoons Smoked salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 nectarines chopped
- 1 green spicy pepper finely chopped (seeds removed for less spice)
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and zested
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger peeled and zested
- 1/2 purple onion finely chopped
- 1 lime juice of very juice lime (or 2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together and form the meat into sliders with the palms of your hands and place on parchment paper
- Place grill pan on high heat and spray with olive oil. Wait one minute before placing burgers on grill.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes per side, depending on thickness of sliders
- Mix all ingredients and serve on top.