Spaghetti squash is a squash that makes it’s own spaghetti without any fancy kitchen gadgets. It will fulfill your pasta craving without any of the carbs. It is such a delicious simple flavor and will soak up anything flavorful you put with it!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
Citrus meat sauce
- 1 kilo ground beef room temperature,seasoned on both sides with salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes in its liquid
- 1/2 spicy red pepper finely chopped (seeds removed for less spice)
- 8 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala spice blend
- 2 oranges juiced, slice 2 small slivers for garnish
- 1 cup fresh chives chopped, for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare sheet pan with pan with parchment paper. Rub just enough oil on spaghetti squash to get them moist. Place spaghetti squash face side down on sheet pan and place in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scrape with fork, creating spaghetti but leave inside peel, using the peel as a bowl.
Citrus meat sauce
- Place a medium sized pot on high heat. Add coconut oil and when hot add the meat. Let meat brown on both sides for 5 minutes each.
- Add the onions, pepper, garlic, tomatoes, soy sauce, honey, curry powder and garam masala and juice of the orange and mix well. Let cook on medium-high heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn down to a simmer, cover with lid and let cook for 20-30 more minutes, mixing occasionally.
- When ready to serve, place hot meat on hot spaghetti squash , add oranges, mint and chives as garnish.
|Rate this recipe:||