Spaghetti squash is such a fun vegetable! If you have not yet discovered it, google what it looks like and go buy it! Even though it does not taste like pasta, because it turns into very thin noodles, it creates an illusion and can really fulfill your pasta craving without eating any carbs!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 Spaghetti squash cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 chili pepper chopped (seeds removed for less spice)
- 8 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons silan date honey
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 scallions chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a sheet pan with pan with parchment paper. Rub just enough oil on spaghetti squash to get them moist. Place spaghetti squash face side down on sheet pan and place in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scrape with fork, creating spaghetti but leave inside peel, using the peel as a bowl.
- In the meantime, place a large skillet on high heat. Add the remaining olive oil and when hot add the meat. Add the salt and pepper and let meat brown on both sides for 5 minutes each.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the scallions, cover with lid and turn to medium and let cook for 20 minutes, mixing often.
- Turn off flame and add the scallions.
- When ready to serve, place hot meat on hot or room temperature spaghetti squash.