Spice rubbed turkey Shnitzel
Turkey has a much better proportion of unsaturated fats to saturated fats than chicken. When you are at the butcher counter of any supermarket, ask them to thinly slice the turkey breast there for you. You can also grill it!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala spice blend
- 2 lemons cut in half
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 pieces turkey shnitzel
- 1/2 cup fresh basil stems removed, chopped
- Add all the spices and oil (except 2 tablespoons) and the juice of half a lemon to a baking dish and mix well like a paste. Add the shnitzel and mix well until each piece is evenly incorporated.
- Prepare a skillet on high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the shnitzel. Sear for 2 minutes per side. Wipe out pan and add remaining oil and sear the second batch.
- Remove from pan and add the remaining lemon juice and fresh basil. Salt to taste. Eat hot.
Notes & Tips:
Once it is cooked, you can thinly slice it too!