I like boiling artichokes the best because the cooking method is full proof but they do lack flavor so be sure to add the right amount of salt and spices.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- Cut off the top third of the artichoke and the majority of its stem.
- Place a large pot with water on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the artichokes and cover. Once water is boiling again, turn down and simmer. Cook for 30 minutes, or until you can place a knife easily through the stem and strain.
- Let cool slightly and then cut in half. Use a spoon to remove the white and purple centers.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with spices. Squeeze lemons on top. Optional: Serve with the dipping sauce.