Spicy chicken strips
Place the chicken on top of the Indian flat breads for a surprisingly filling and beyond delicious flavor party!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breast cut in half and then into strips
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 onions sliced
- 1 chili pepper seeds removed for less heat, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1 tablespoon silan date honey
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and get hot. Add the chicken, not overlapping too much (2 batches if you have to) and 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Let cook for 3 minutes without touching it.
- Use a wooden spoon to turn the pieces over. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil and the onions, chili pepper,garlic and chickpeas and mix well. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the silan, lime juice and cilantro right before serve. Serve hot and right away!
Notes & Tips:
Cooking chicken breast is tricky because it gets dried out quickly, the trick is to make it thinner before cooking it and to eat it as soon as you can after!