Frittata is an Italian dish made with fried beaten eggs, resembling a Spanish omelet. It is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner and reheats surprisingly well.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 green spicy pepper finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala spice blend
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil stems removed, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a large oven safe skillet or saute pan on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot.
- Add the onions and let cook for 3 minutes, mixing often.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and spicy pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the eggs, salt and garam masala and make sure the egg covers the whole pan. Sprinkle the cilantro and basil evenly on top.
- Cover and place in oven for 15 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Notes & Tips:
Feel free to play around with this recipe, leaving out the spicy pepper, or adding your favorite cheese. If you are not a cilantro lover you can just leave it out!