Spicy kale salad
Make a batch of lentils up to 4 days in advance and whip this dish together in 5 minutes! If you are not a cilantro lover, feel free to substitute it with fresh mint, basil, dill or parsley.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 cups lentils
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 chili pepper thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 4 ounces baby kale
- 2 serving size plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon silan date honey
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- Place lentils in a pot and cover with 3 inches of water. Boil for 20-30 minutes until al dente.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot.
- Add the onions, pepper and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook for 1 more minute. Remove and add to serving dish.
- Add lentils and salt and mix well.
- Add the dollop of yogurt on top. Drizzle with silan and finish with cilantro and lime juice. Serve hot, warm or room temperature.
Notes & Tips:
You can also replace the lentils with kasha, bulgur, couscous or orzo!