Not everyone likes lamb, if you are one of those, feel free to substitute the lamb with regular beef or even turkey! I found spinach noodles in the organic section of the supermarket but if you want to use regular spaghetti or your favorite shape of pasta, do it!!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 package spinach noodles or regular spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground lamb or beef
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil stems removed, chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- Cook pasta according to package directions, make sure not to overcook and salt the water well. Strain and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare a sauce pan or Dutch oven on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the meat, salt and pepper. Let cook for 7 minutes, until starts to brown. Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat pieces and mix.
- Add the onions, sweet potato and garlic and let cook 6 more minutes, mixing periodically.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cover the pot, turn the flame down to medium and let cook 12 more minutes, mixing periodically.
- Place on pasta and enjoy!