Any cut of meat that is meant to be grilled (instead of slow cooked) is great for this recipe. Depending on your budget, the higher quality of meat the better this will taste. I good piece of meat needs nothing more than salt and pepper before it goes on the grill. In Israel the top cuts of meat I would suggest for this would be #1,5,6,7 (1 being the best).
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- Sprinkle the steak with 1½ teaspoons salt and pepper. Rub 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the steaks and let sit for at least 5 minutes (Ideally bring to room temperature.)
- In a jar add the vinegar, remaining olive oil, salt, sugar and onions. Let sit and marinade until ready to serve (at least 10 minutes, up to 2 days)
- Add the pears and mixed greens to a large bowl.
- Prepare a grill pan on high heat. Add the steaks for 3-6 minutes per side (depending on thickness). Remove from pan and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Thinly slice and add it to the salad. Add dressing with onions right before serve (will probably have leftover dressing).