The better quality your steak, the more amazing this dish is! Since you are serving the steak with bread, you can get away with buying less!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 whole wheat baguette (optional)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless ribeye steak around 2 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 4 cloves garlic zested or crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup basil stems removed finely chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 pomegranate cut in half and seeds removed
- In a medium size bowl, add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, mint, basil and lime juice. Mix well and set aside.
- Prepare grill pan on high heat. Pat steaks dry and sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper on both sides. Rub in 1 tablespoon olive oil and place on hot grill.
- Grill on each side for 6-7 minutes for medium rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- (optional step: Brush bread slices with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place on grill pan for 1 min per side) Place steak on top of bread or cutting board. drizzle with mint sauce and sprinkle pomegranates on top.