Sweet lemon grilled onion salad
I know that grilling onions seems like an extra step, but I promise it’s worth it and is so quick! I like to make double the amount and have for future salads, eggs, sandwiches or pastas.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- Olive oil spray
- 1 purple onion sliced
- 1 onions sliced
- 3 lemons juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 4 ounces butter lettuce
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1/2 cup Olives optional
- 1/2 cup Gouda cheese optional
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Prepare a grill pan on high heat. Spray with olive oil and get hot. Add onions and let grill for 5 minutes.
- While they are grilling, prepare a large bowl and add the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt, mustard and basil and mix well.
- Add the onions.
- Add the rest of the ingredients right before serving.
Notes & Tips:
Feel free to substitute the cheese with chicken or tuna or your favorite protein!