This is a great base salad, if you want to turn it into a meal, add chicken, tuna, sliced steak, grilled tofu, goat cheese, brie cheese, or even cottage cheese. Adding turmeric to the salad dressing, doesn't change the flavor, but creates a golden yellow color to the dish and lots and lots of health benefits even in that small amount!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 ounces butter lettuce
- 1 sweet potato sliced
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 red apple sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple sliced
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/8 cup Brazil nuts (optional) slightly crushed
- 1/8 cup walnuts (optional) slightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add sweet potatoes and leeks to sheet pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Roast for 35 minutes or until golden.
- In a jar, mix together remaining olive oil, white wine vinegar, sugar, mustard, turmeric and remaining salt.
- Add lettuce, scallions, apples, sweet potatoes and leeks to a salad bowl. Add nuts. Mix dressing well and pour right before serve.
|Rate this recipe:||