I know this lasagna seems like it has an extra step of making the tomato sauce but it is so quick to just throw it all in a dish and stick it in the oven while the sweet potatoes are roasting! If you really don't want this step feel free to use good quality ready made tomato sauce.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/2 box whole grain lasagna ready to bake
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 boxes cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion chopped
- 8 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 cup fresh basil stems removed
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 14 ounce container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 450. Place parchment paper in baking pan and add tomatoes, onions, garlic, vinegar, tomato paste, olive oil, basil and half a teaspoon of salt. Mix well and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Place sweet potatoes whole in tin foil and place on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove tomato mixture from oven and using a wooden spoon squash and smash the tomatoes so they burst. Place lasagna noodles on top of tomato mixture and spread evenly with ricotta and then with softened sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with salt on each layer of sweet potato. Make as many layers as desires ( I only did three) and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes and uncovered for 10 more.
|Rate this recipe:||