Sweet potato tuna burgers
I crave these tuna patties. They have such flavor and you can make them a day in advance, they reheat so perfectly! Place a non peeled carrot into the oil when frying to avoid burning!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 serving size plain yogurt
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled
- 4 cans tuna strained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 cup fresh basil stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup scallions chopped
- 1 chili pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a small jar or bowl add the yogurt, ½ the chili pepper and ¼ cup of fresh basil. Mix well and set aside.
- Grate the sweet potatoes and place in a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients except the olive oil and mix well.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add a ¼ cup of olive oil and get hot. Use your hands to make burgers, squeezing out excess liquid right before you place it in the pan. Fry for 4 minutes per side.
- Use a wooden spoon AND a fish spatula to turn them over.
Notes & Tips:
If you make them in advance, reheat them in the oven uncovered. They last up to 6 days in the fridge and are even delicious room temperature!