You know that sweet chili sauce in the bottle that everyone buys? It’s filled with preservatives and chemicals that you don’t need but people really love the flavor. I recreated it in this dish but instead used fresh ingredients. These got finished in 4 minutes.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 3 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chili pepper seeds removed, chopped finely
- 1 red bell peppers chopped finely
- 5 cloves garlic finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger finely grated
- 6 oranges juiced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, the peppers, garlic, ginger, orange juice, honey and tomato paste into a large sauce pan on high heat. Cook for six minutes, until mixture is thick. Set aside.
- Prepare a grill pan on high heat. Place chicken in large baking dish and add 2 teaspoons salt, pepper and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well.
- Place on grill pan, not overlapping. Grill for 6 minutes per side.
- Remove and place in pan with sauce. Mix well and serve.