Ok, before you ignore this recipe listen up! Even if you don't like coconut or curry or anything in this recipe, make it once and you will shock yourself in how incredibly delicious it is. I have made this dish for the pickiest of clients who say they don't like any of these ingredients but when it is put together it will shock your palate with flavors you didn't know existed and you didn't know you have been missing all these years!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 in pieces dark meat chicken boneand skin on
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 pieces red chili pepper chopped into large(seeds removed for less spice)
- 1 pieces Lemongrass stalk chopped into large
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tablespoons Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 limes cut into quarters
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Prepare a large skillet or dutch oven on high heat. Sprinkle chicken pieces evenly with salt. Place olive oil in pan and let get hot. Add pieces of chicken and sear for 5 minutes on each side and remove (do in batches if have to).
- Add all dry ingredients and spices and stir well.
- Add ½ cup of chicken stock and mix. Turn heat down to medium-low and cook for 5 more minutes. Add remaining ½ cup of stock and chicken back in face side down, spooning ingredients on top.
- Add coconut milk and cook for 30 minutes, covered. Turn off flame and serve with fresh cilantro and limes (add salt to taste) and rice.