Tofu in zucchini tomato sauce
Even if you don’t have a vegetarian coming to the meal, it is always nice to have a tofu dish. Feel free to add a chili pepper to this recipe to spice things up a bit!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 purple onions finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 in zucchinis cutcubes
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup fresh basil stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro stems removed and chopped
- 1 package extra firm tofu 14 ounces
- Prepare a large saute pan or skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot.
- Add the onions.
- Add ¼ cup of water, every 5 minutes to the onions for 20 minutes, mixing often.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the fresh basil and cilantro. Cover and turn the heat down to medium and let cook for 8 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add fresh herbs right before serving. Serve hot, warm or room temperature.