Tomato basil soup
This is an amazingly quick recipe IF you have really good chicken stock or leftover chicken soup. It’s important to have a really good base to have a flavorful soup!If you dont have chicken stock or vegetable stock you can use water, but it will lack the depth!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks finely chopped
- 1/2 chili pepper seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder optional
- Prepare pot on high heat. Add olive oil and get hot. Add leeks and onions and mix well let cook for 5 minutes, mixing periodically.
- Add rest of ingredients except basil. Bring to boil and turn down. Let cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn off and add fresh basil when ready to serve. Add salt to taste.
Notes & Tips:
If you have a stock that doesn’t have much flavor, your soup won’t either. So always try to have stock in your freezer or make this when you have leftover chicken soup (which you strain and then follow this recipe!)
Click here for my chicken stock recipe. Make a large batch and have ready in your freezer and then you can make soup in minutes!!