This recipe is so fun because it is SO fast! If it is not tomato season where you are, don’t use fresh tomatoes, use canned, otherwise this dish won’t have any flavor.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add ⅛ cup of olive oil and get hot. Add the tomatoes and ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Cook for 6 minutes, mixing often.
- Pat fish dry and sprinkle with remaining salt, pepper and the garlic powder. Make room in the pan and add the remaining olive oil. Add the fish to the pan face side down and cook for 3 minutes, moving the tomatoes to be on top of the fish.
- Turn the fish over and add the juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange and cook the fish for 3 more minutes. If you are doing batches, remove the tomatoes to the serving plate when they look charred.
- Place remaining fish on serving plate with tomatoes and add the remaining juice of the lemon and orange.
- Top with fresh basil. Salt to taste. Eat hot or room temperature. Don’t reheat.