Fresh tuna is so refreshing! This is a great summer dish for dinner or as an appetizer. It is SO quick and easy, you will make it again and again. Feel free to use this recipe for any filet of fish!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 limes or lemons
- 2 cloves garlic zested
- 1/2 red chili pepper finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole grain mustard (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh apricots sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint stems removed, chopped
- 1 box sprouts
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tuna steaks
- In a large bowl add the juice of 3 limes, the garlic, pepper, mustard, 1 teaspoon of salt, honey and the olive oil (except 2 tablespoons) mix well.
- Add the apricots, mint and sprouts in a bowl but only mix right before serve.
- Pat the tuna steaks dry and sprinkle generously and evenly with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the tuna steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness.
- Squeeze lime when done. Place apricot salad on top or on the side and serve hot or room temperature.