This mixture can be made up to two days ahead and kept in the fridge. You can make them into patties while the pan is hot and do it all in the moment in batches!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 cans tuna in water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 spicy red pepper seeds removed for less spice
- 3 scallions tops removed
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil for frying (and more if needed)
- 2 cups nonfat yogurt
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup salted or roasted peanuts crushed
- In a large mixing bowl add bread crumbs and mix with coconut milk.
- Add onions, leek, pepper, scallions, basil and coconut oil into food processor and pulse 3 times or until just chopped. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add tuna, eggs and spices and mix well. Make into small round fritters.
- Place non stick pan on high heat. Add oil and get hot. Add fritters, don’t overcrowd the pan and fry for 3 minutes on each side. Place on paper towel to drain. (Do in batches and replace oil when needed.)
- In a small bowl, add yogurt, lime juice, cilantro and peanuts and mix. Serve as dipping sauce
|Rate this recipe:||