This is a great vegetarian and vegan dish but it would taste great with tofu, chicken or beef. Always sear the protein first, then remove it add the rest as instructed and put the protein back in last minute.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 box king oyster mushrooms
- 1 package beet greens chopped, greens and whites separated
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 chili pepper seeds removed, finely chopped
- Prepare a skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the mushrooms and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the white parts of the beet root, the chili pepper, the vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and mix well. Cook 1 more minute.
- Add the green parts and mix well for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the red and yellow peppers right before serve.