This is a fun side dish, with surprising flavors! The mint and apple add a refreshing component to this simple and quick yet unique dish.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 portabello mushrooms stems removed
- 2 heads baby bok choy chopped, green and white parts separated
- 1/4 cup pineapple fresh or frozen, chunks
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 Granny Smith apple finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint stems removed, finely chopped
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and get hot. Add the mushrooms face side down for 4 minutes.
- Turn the mushrooms over and add the fresh ginger, the white parts of the the bok choy, the vinegar and soy sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the green parts and mix well and turn off heat.
- Add the apples and mint and serve warm, room temperature or cold.
|Rate this recipe:||