Large white beans are filled with good nutrients and are extremely filling. You can also blend half of this and turn it into a bean dip!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 cups White beans or 2 cans of white beans
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boxes cherry tomatoes
- 10 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil stems removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint stems removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- Soak the white beans in water over night. Place in large pot of water and cook for 1 hour or until soft on the inside and then drain.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the tomatoes and garlic and mix well. Let cook for 4 minutes, mixing often.
- Add the rest of the ingredients including the white beans.
- Cover and turn the heat down to medium. Let cook for 15 minutes, mixing often, until the flavors are fragrant. Salt to taste.