Don’t be afraid of a whole fish and don’t be afraid if the skin comes off a bit when you are turning it over. Invest in a fish spatula and it will make a world of difference. I used an amazing blend of high quality olives (with pits!) but feel free to use whichever olives you like best. If you don’t like whole fish or don’t want to deal with the bones, you can make this dish with fish filet, just cook it for half the time and add only half the amount of water.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 whole Denise fish cleaned
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 6 in cherry tomatoes cuthalf
- 1 cup Olives
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1/4 cup Fresh thyme stems removed
- Pat the fish dry and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper on both sides.
- Prepare a large skillet with a lid on high heat. Add the olive oil and get hot. Add the fish and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and add the rest of the ingredients except the lemon and thyme.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and turn heat down to medium. Cover and let cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and fresh thyme.