Whole ocean perch fish
There is nothing like a whole fish, it is more tender, flavorful and just a different experience. But if the bones are too annoying or if the idea of a whole fish is just not what you are emotionally up to right now, try this exact recipe with any fish filet, leaving the skin on and instead of the first 4 minutes, just sear them for 2. Everything else about the recipe can stay the same.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 ocean perch fish cleaned and scaled, whole
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- 1/2 cup fresh basil stems removed and chopped
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Pat fish dry and sprinkle with salt. Add olive oil to pan and get hot. Add fish (next to each other) and sear for 4 minutes. Carefully, using a fish spatula and a wooden spoon, turn them over.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except lemon and basil) around the fish, without moving them. Mix well. Turn down heat to medium and cover pan. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm or room temperature. Squeeze lemon on top and finish with fresh basil. Optional: Serve with rice.