Honey beer bread
It is really fun to make bread without worrying about the dough rising! Use your favorite beer with this bread and eat it with jam, chummus, butter or as is.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 3 cups Spelt whole wheat flour or any flour you have
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 tablespoon baking powder one packet
- 12 ounce bottle beer
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a bread tin with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- Slowly mix in the beer and water. The dough will be thick and sticky. Mix with spoon. Add to baking tin and flatten top.
- Brush with egg and place in oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Use a knife to scrape the sides so the bread comes out easily. Place on cutting board and slice.
Notes & Tips:
It is best the day it’s made but can be eaten two or three days after.