I know this seems like a lot of olive oil, but it really makes this dish! It is so buttery and soft, and yet not mushy at the same time. And you can feel good about eating it because turmeric is so healthy for you! Make it and eat it in moderation!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:
- Add rice to a strainer and rinse really well until the water coming out is no longer white but clear. Drain well.
- Place a medium sized pot on high heat. Add the olive oil and heat. Add the rice.
- It will make a loud noise and seem like it is sticking to the pot. You want that! Mix with wooden spoon for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water and the salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Once boiling, turn down to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Serve hot or room temperature.