Za'atar chickpea salad
Za'atar is a spice blend that is available in most supermarkets. It is unique in flavor, but not overpowering when used in moderation. Sumac is a less popular spice that comes from a flower and can be found in many supermarkets and all spice shops.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 tablespoon zaatar spice blend
- 1/2 tablespoon sumac spice blend
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 4 ounces butter lettuce
- 1 container plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons silan date honey
- Prepare a skillet on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil heat. Add the onions and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, za'atar, sumac and ½ teaspoon of salt and mix well. Cook for 8 minutes. Mix frequently.
- Prepare a large bowl with remaining olive oil, salt, yogurt and silan. Whisk well.
- Add lettuce and onion chickpea mixture and mix well. Serve right away. This salad can be served hot, room temperature or cold.
Notes & Tips:
Add grilled chicken, steak, or a sunny side up egg to this dish to make it into a full meal!