- Cook rice and lentils together
- Make spicy pepper mixture
- Slice peaches
- Make tacos
- Grill steaks
Besides this dish bursting with sweet, spicy and sour flavors, everything except the steaks can be made up to 3 days in advance! Just grill the steaks right before you are ready to eat. The rest bring to room temperature.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 cup lentils
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves optional
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and slightly crushed
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 5 1/2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala spice blend
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 1 chili pepper thinly sliced, seeds removed for less heat
- 2 peaches thinly sliced
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless steaks 4 filet, 1 inch thick
- Place the lentils, kaffir lime leaves, garlic and 6 cups of water in a large pot and bring to a boil and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add the rice, garam masala, 3 teaspoons of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and bring back to a boil. Mix well and cover the pot, and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add the remaining olive oil and get hot. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 10 minutes, mixing often. Remove from heat and add peach slices, lime juice and cilantro.
- Wash out the skillet and dry and place back on high heat.
- Sprinkle the steaks evenly with remaining salt and pepper. . Spray the skillet with olive oil. Sear the steaks for 2 minutes per side. Remove and slice. Add all ingredients to a taco or wrap.
Have a question about these recipes? Need a substitution for an ingredient? Chef Zissie is here to answer!
Simply use the comments box at the bottom of this page or click the button below. Please try and ask on Sunday to ensure you get your answer on time!
Leftover tips for tomorrow’s lunch:
If you have leftovers you are in luck! Make a wrap! Use the tortilla wraps and put all the ingredients inside and roll it up like a burrito!