- Make curry paste
- Make rice or quinoa or rice noodles (optional)
- Cook chicken and finish recipe
I know this dish seems foreign to you, with ingredients you don’t recognize but I promise you they are flavors you will not want to miss. You can find all the ingredients at a speciality Asian market or most of them in a spice shop. If you can’t find certain ingredients, ask me about substitutes!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 1 stalk lemongrass thinly sliced
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 green spicy pepper chopped in half
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus one tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 6 chicken breast thin and sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- In a food processor add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, chili pepper, cilantro, garlic, cinnamon and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add the remaining olive oil and get hot. Add the chicken in batches if have to and add the salt and pepper, cook for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon..
- Add the onion, sugar and Worcestershire sauce and ⅛ cup of chicken stock and mix well, using a wooden spoon to scrape up all the brown bits. Cook for 7 minutes, mixing often.
- Add the chicken back in with the curry paste, the chicken stock and coconut milk.
- Cover, turn the heat down to medium and cook for 20 more minutes.
Have a question about these recipes? Need a substitution for an ingredient? Chef Zissie is here to answer!
Simply use the comments box at the bottom of this page or click the button below. Please try and ask on Sunday to ensure you get your answer on time!
Leftover tips for tomorrow’s lunch:
Try using the leftovers as a base to a great soup! OR add the curry to rice noodles for an even more authentic experience.