- Get spaghetti squash in the oven
- Make apricot salad
- Place toppings onto squash
- Cook tuna
Fresh tuna is so refreshing! This is a great summer dish for dinner or as an appetizer. It is SO quick and easy, you will make it again and again. Feel free to use this recipe for any filet of fish!
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 4 limes or lemons
- 2 cloves garlic zested
- 1/2 red chili pepper finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole grain mustard (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh apricots sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint stems removed, chopped
- 1 box sprouts
- 2 teaspoons salt pink Himalayan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tuna steaks
- In a large bowl add the juice of 3 limes, the garlic, pepper, mustard, 1 teaspoon of salt, honey and the olive oil (except 2 tablespoons) mix well.
- Add the apricots, mint and sprouts in a bowl but only mix right before serve.
- Pat the tuna steaks dry and sprinkle generously and evenly with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and get hot. Add the tuna steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness.
- Squeeze lime when done. Place apricot salad on top or on the side and serve hot or room temperature.
|Rate this recipe:||
Have a question about these recipes? Need a substitution for an ingredient? Chef Zissie is here to answer!
Simply use the comments box at the bottom of this page or click the button below. Please try and ask on Sunday to ensure you get your answer on time!
Leftover tips for tomorrow’s lunch:
If you have leftover tuna and apricot topping, just add lettuce and a bit more dressing and you will have the most gourmet salad for lunch you have ever had!