- clean fish and pat dry
- make rice (optional)
- Sear fish and add rest of ingredients
There is nothing like a whole fish, it is more tender, flavorful and just a different experience. But if the bones are too annoying or if the idea of a whole fish is just not what you are emotionally up to right now, try this exact recipe with any fish filet, leaving the skin on and instead of the first 4 minutes, just sear them for 2. Everything else about the recipe can stay the same.
|Servings: people USA imperial/metric conversion:||
- 2 ocean perch fish cleaned and scaled, whole
- 1 teaspoon salt pink Himalayan
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- 1/2 cup fresh basil stems removed and chopped
- Prepare a large skillet on high heat. Pat fish dry and sprinkle with salt. Add olive oil to pan and get hot. Add fish (next to each other) and sear for 4 minutes. Carefully, using a fish spatula and a wooden spoon, turn them over.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except lemon and basil) around the fish, without moving them. Mix well. Turn down heat to medium and cover pan. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm or room temperature. Squeeze lemon on top and finish with fresh basil. Optional: Serve with rice.
|Rate this recipe:||
Have a question about these recipes? Need a substitution for an ingredient? Chef Zissie is here to answer!
Simply use the comments box at the bottom of this page or click the button below. Please try and ask on Sunday to ensure you get your answer on time!
Leftover tips for tomorrow’s lunch:
- If you have any leftover fish and sauce be sure to remove all the bones and add it to your favorite lettuce with olives and sundried tomatoes and more fresh basil
- Bring it with a drizzle of olive oil, a dash of salt and a side of lemon wedges to squeeze on the whole salad right before you eat it
- Bring it to room temperature (never reheat fish!)